Saturday, October 2, 2010

Running and School...Add work and you've got an Amanda Casserole.

Alright so this 5K is coming up in 4 weeks and running is still such a struggle. I don't know when to run anymore because in the morning, I usually have class. In the evening, I'm working or already showered and who wants to blow dry their hair AGAIN? :) Any chance I'll get a huge burst of energy at 7:30am on Oct 30th? Because it's a costume race, I have decided to go as a penguin. How cute, right? LOL It's because I probably look like I waddle when I run and.. I'm slow. So when you're a slow runner (though I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a runner) you're inducted into the penguin club. So I'm representin'. :) I actually bought a cute hat off of Etsy and will wear a bow tie and all black with maybe a white thing on the front of my black top. God help me if summer decides to return on Oct. 30th. I'll die of heat. 

2 more weeks left of Psych nursing, that is, if I pass the final. I need a 79% which doesn't seem difficult to achieve but it is... so pray for me! :) We've had two lab classes for Physical Assessment where we listen to lecture the first 50 minutes and then the next 90 minutes or so, we practice off of our mastery sheet and then once we're comfortable enough, we're tested. It's going well and I've done well both time. What I'm most concerned about is the final where we must do the complete head to toe assessment within 30 minutes. But I'm not worrying about it now as Med Surg I am sure will be more difficult and that is what I'm most freaked out about currently. I am really trying my best to go into it with a positive attitude but when half of my peers are coming out of their 8 weeks with sad stories of them not passing things or how horrible sim is, it's not really easy to maintain positivity. :-\ *fingers crossed*

Ruth's baby shower is Tuesday. I was going to make the cake but discovered I'm not superwoman and when the hell would I have had time to make the cake? The perfectionist that I am, I would have ended up with 6 cakes; none of them good enough. We're having the shower at school in between Pysch and Physical Assessment. I got a bunch of decorations at Hobby Lobby, pink tablecloths, pink napkins, cups, utensils, plates etc. We're having Subway sandwich party trays, fruit, chips, veggies, guac, salsa, etc. I can't wait to see Ruth's face... she's one of the girls in Med Surg right now and is really struggling so I'm sure this will make her feel better. At least I hope so. The girl helping me plan it asked me if we should bring our cameras. If you know me at all, you'll know I laughed and said 'My camera is a permanent part of my body'. :-P It'll be a blast. Monday will be a little hectic with clinical in the morning until 1pm, then picking up the cake at 1:30pm followed by our first Physical Assessment test at 5:30pm-6:00pm. Next week is busy altogether but it's always doable. :) 

In closing (kind of feel I'm making a graduation speech), I just want to say how very glad I am for the people that I have in my life and glad about the people that are not. :)

No comments: