Saturday, November 27, 2010

A proud moment.

Yesterday was pretty busy at work. I had been off for a few days now that I'm back to my normal weekend :-D Anyway, I was admitting nursery tech but we didn't have anyone about to deliver so I helped out on the floor with patients. It was pretty busy but around 7pm, I finally got the chance to eat something. Not 5 minutes into my dinner break, the secretary (who's pretty new) came into the breakroom and said the nursery nurse was looking for me because an OB was there ready to do 2 circumcisions and apparently no one else could help.

I covered my food and went into the nursery and one of my favorite OB's was doing the circ. I quickly opened the trays, got everything ready and the doctor said "Amanda, you are so awesome, how much schooling do you have left?" I said "About a year..." She said "Are you planning on working here?" I said "I hope so!" and she replied with "You'd be so awesome. If you need any recommendations, you let me know". <3 I was taken aback. What a sweet thing to say! She kept on about how great I was and how glad she is to see me when she gets here. What a way to make my night! Totally made up for interrupting my salad. ;-)
Then when we had an new baby admitted to the nursery, I was giving the baby a bath and the dad was seriously all up in the baby's space. I had asked him to move a bit so I could rinse the soap off of the baby. If you've ever seen a baby being bathed in the hospital, it's like an art form and a juggling act all at once. While I was washing the baby's hair, the dad said to me "You are really good at this". As bizarre as he was (for other reasons), I wanted to give him a big hug for that. It is the little things people say... I tell ya!

No comments: