Friday, January 7, 2011

Old Soul

I don't fully understand this term; old soul, but I've been called it many a times so I finally decided to look up its full definition. Here's what I found....
The key signs of an old soul

· Giving and caring often putting others first

· Had a difficult romantic life often with much pain and disappointment

· More than likely had a soulmate relationship

· Things just seem to happen to you and around you, often becoming very dramatic through the seemingly extreme reactions of others

· Events repeat themselves

· Have trouble connecting with your family

· Somehow know you're different

· Have some psychic intuition and 'just knowing' things

· Find that you have deeper emotions and passions than most people

· People have extreme reactions to you - some just adore you and some seem to really dislike you yet you behave the same to everyone

· Have an inner creative passion

· Suffer lots of jealousy

· Often perceived wrongly

· Feel your don't have much free will, like your life is being controlled by some outside force

· Often feel 'stuck' like events just keep on happening to you time after time










So here's my thought on this. For a long time, I've always felt out of place, like I don't belong in a 24 yr old's body. I feel like I should have been born during the 1920's or the 60's... you know, where morals and values still existed. Mainly I realize this in the choice of my friends or the fact that most of my friends are older than I am. It doesn't bother me in the least but sometimes I wonder 'do people wonder why they're friends with a 24 yr old when they're in their mid 30's or early 40's?' Not that it is anyone's business but still, I have to wonder. What 30/40 something wants to be friends with a 20 something? I just cannot stand most of the things the people my age do... and it's bizarre. People tell me it's normal to not like things like going to bars, clubbing, drinking until I'm drunk. The other night I went out with some friends from high school.... my one friend Tara had asked what I did for NYE. I told her I worked both NYE and Day. I asked what she did and she responded saying her and her friend who was in town went to the city and got so drunk, they could barely get back to their hotel rooms. The thought made me queasy. How is that a fun time? When I go out, I want to talk to people. I want to catch up. When will that be the norm? Don't get me wrong, I like having fun but I don't need a bar, music so loud Indiana can hear it and a buttload of alcohol to help me with that. I'm crazy on my own :-P Ugh, I'm just frustrated that I always feel out of place. :-\

2 comments:

Holly said...

You are awesome the way you are and perhaps do have an old soul, though I don't think everything refers to you. I was also never the "norm" as a kid and teenager, I was able to talk better to adults rather than people my own age. I don't and never had found the appeal of getting falling down drunk.

Amanda said...

Thanks Holly. <3