Saturday, September 10, 2011

The week of the 88%

So last weekend I studied by butt off for the critical car exam we had on Wednesday. I was determined to get a good grade so that in the end of the 8 weeks, I am not struggling and praying for the bare minimum of passing. It worked. I got an 88% (B) on my first exam. I truly cannot even describe the joy I felt when I saw the grade and almost doubted it at first. LOL My studying paid off. I almost cried. :) 

Now I'm focused on completing my final holistic assessment (aka long ass care plan) and trying to simplify arterial lines and intra-aortic balloon pumps in wiki form. I also need to revamp my professional resume and start reading for critical care. Thankfully I don't work this weekend so I'm catching up on everything I can. 4th semester is a whole lot of paperwork. It's crazy. Week 4 starts Monday... 50% done! Only 6 more clinical of med surg (blah)!

I have had these ridiculous allergies for the past week and I'm soooo over it. At first I couldn't breathe out of my nose, then it felt like my sinuses had 500 lb men sitting on them. Then I was draining so much, I could have bought stock in Kleenex and now it's a cough. I WISH it was a cold because then I'd feel better. Claritin and FloNase is not helping. This poses a problem because next week for clinical, I'm in the oncology unit both days and even though this is allergies, I do not want to put these patients at risk. So, PLEASE CLEAR UP. :-| 

No comments: