Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's over...

I cannot believe I am DONE with nursing school. It doesn't seem real.... People keep asking me 'how does it feel?' and I never know how to respond to that. I do feel I've been done for a week or so because the last week has really been quiet. I worked a lot, had to pick up our ribbons for the pinning ceremony and such but other than that? It's been a week of conclusions; I got 199/200 in my capstone class... 100% on my final paper (which I thought for SURE I would need to redo) and almost straight A's this semester (ugh missed an A in critical care by a percent!). But, I digress, I will happily take what I've got. :-D

My preceptor for capstone ended up not being with me my final week... she is 30 weeks pregnant and started having contractions so she was on bedrest at home for my last two days. At first I was disappointed because I love working with her and definitely missed her and felt lost. However, it was nice working with two different nurses to see how they do things. I learned a lot from them and am grateful to their entire unit for helping me become a better nurse. It was the best experience I've had in my two years as a nursing student. 

Friday night we had our nursing bar crawl.... I have never had so much fun in my whole life. These girls are amazing and I am so blessed to have gone through this program with them. We went to a few bars, had dinner and enjoyed ourselves. 














Saturday was our pinning (I know, bad planning to have a bar crawl the night before graduation). It, again, was surreal. I had chills the whole time I was sitting with my class and was shaking when I walked across stage. When you've been waiting for something for 2+ years and it's finally being given to you? You don't know what to do with it. It is truly an amazing feeling. <3






































This whole blog, I feel, has been about my struggles throughout school and it's crazy to look back and to see how far I've come. Now, onto studying for boards.... hopefully passing... and then figuring out my job situation. :)

No comments: