Another week down... one more full week to go. Passed my Peds exam on Wednesday, clinical on Thursdayat Shriners (sad patient; 17 yrs old with the mental capacity of an 8 yr old) who was burned on 45% of her body in 2009 and had many terrible things occur during her hospitalization in the course of 3 months. She was a very sweet child. One more clinical to go at Shriners... and I'm in the OR so no clinical eval next week. WOOHOO!
I met with Julie, Lauren and Angel today to run through simulation facesheets together, at Panera, which was productive. Meeting with Julie again tomorrow morning to go over it and walk through skills (wish lab was open tomorrow). Tomorrow after that will be spent reading renal for med surg and finishing the article for Peds due on Wednesday. Sunday is Mother's Day and unfortunately I'll be spending it studying for my Peds final. Hopefully we'll do breakfast or dinner. I usually send out cards to all my friends that are awesome mommies but this year is just not a good one. :( I'm surprised I remembered to get my own mom something... so I apologize to my girls who are also terrific mom's.
Monday is final sim. *enter dum dum dum music here* I'm trying realllly hard to not get freaked out about it. I'm preparing as much as possible and am prepared for a pink slip (remediation). At this point, if I walk in and they give me a pink slip, I'd be fine with that. I need to focus on studying for these two exams.... so after simulation on Monday I'll spend it doing more renal studying with some Peds... Tuesday will be all Peds studying and getting together with our article presentation group. Wednesday is our Peds final and presentation. Thursday final clinical! Friday Exam 4 for med surg... and it's stressing me out like crazy. I need a 29/35 to keep on truckin' in this class. It'd be wonderful to get a better score than that, but I am just asking for the bare minimum to pass me. Once this week is done, I feel like I'll be able to focus more on the Med Surg final which is a week from this coming Thursday.
It's so bad that not only am I looking forward to the fun things I have planned for this summer... I am also happy I may finally get some time to make a dr's appt to see a new endo to get my thyroid back under control. I just haven't been feeling 100% lately and have a feeling it has something to do with that... but I haven't had the time and would feel guilty doing that when I could have been studying or practicing or something of the like. Also looking forward to focusing more on my health and losing some of this ridiculous weight I've gained from eating convenience foods rather than healthy foods. I don't want to take my photo in my nursing cap lookin' all nasty. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment