Sunday, March 15, 2009

I am so stressed out.

This party is so close. I haven't the slightest idea how it crept up as we've been planning this since August of 2008. It seemed so far away then... now we're less than 2 weeks. 8 days to be exact. But that's 8 days until the day of... that doesn't include the fact that I have to work this coming weekend... all weekend plus Tues and Wed of "party week", or the fact that I have a test in physiology this Thursday that I haven't studied for yet.

We have to pick up the projector on Wednesday the 25th from the police station and how we're going to do that without my dad seeing us is beyond me.

Friday we have to pick up the flowers and do our table centerpieces at my grandma's with the vases we picked out. Friday my parent's friends are coming in from FL so they'll need to be picked up from OHare.

"D Day", as we're calling it, starts at 8am. Yes, 8am. Out of the house 8am. We have to pick up the cake by 9am in a town 40 min away (smart!) and then swing by the florist to pick up the corsage's. We'll drop the cake off at my grandma's along with the flowers and pick up everything else to decorate the room at the hotel... we'll then go onto the hotel at around 11am to start decorating... putting the flower arrangements on the tables, setting up the projector, making sure the slideshow works and is loud enough. Set up the placecards, the table numbers, the banner, the cake table, the camera's on the table.

Then go back to grandma's to get ready. 3pm pick up the balloons. Go to the hotel and set those up, finishing touches, bring the cake, wait for the DJ so he can set up, finalize everything with the meal (time etc) and wait for the guests. This is nuts. It's getting so close.

This is obvious but if I didn't have this stupid test on Thursday and then work Fri, Sat, Sun, Tues and Wed, it wouldn't be half as bad. I just feel like I've been going nonstop since last week. I've barely been home. I am so glad my spring break is the week after this party. I only wish I were going somewhere. ;-)


1 comment:

Jenn said...

I hope the day goes well! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)