For one... getting drunk and doing drugs. What in the heck is so cool about either of those? It's not "impressive" and if you know, for example, that doing drugs is wrong... why in the heck do you do them? Perhaps my mind is just so simple that it's complex but I just do. not. understand. this. concept and quite frankly, it drives me NUTS other people do. I can definitely understand having a few drinks with friends so I am not, by any means, condoning that drinking is bad and that you should be shunned if you drink. I just don't understand the whole 'showy-ness' of it, does that make sense? I couldn't care less to see your pictures on Facebook of you so "shitfaced" for the 10th night in a row. Are you dumb?! Did you not recently read Facebook's Terms of Use? Sure, they've retracted some of it but ultimately, they own your information so now pictures of you "shitfaced" with your boob hanging out is now property of Facebook. Cute. Use your brains, people. Do you really think all 856 people you call your 'friends' are THAT interested in seeing your updated status about you 'getting so wasted last night'? I'm all about having fun but drinking 10 cases of beer and hugging the porcelain throne all night is sooo not my idea of fun. If it's yours, I guess I am not in any position to judge anyone as I am not God (and my idea of fun is sitting at home, watching a movie or lounging with a good book and some good food), but you must clearly reevaluate your definition of 'fun' or learn to grow up.
For two.. men. I am so fricken sick of men disrespecting women. Again, I am probably a prude when compared to the usual 22 year old (ok 'probably' is stretching it.. I KNOW I am. ;-) ) but do not whistle at me when I'm walking into a store. I am not a big piece of steak walking to your grill. I understand most men cannot help their animalistic nature but honestly, what kind of response do they think they're going to get? Like we're going to turn around, hop on their lap and go at it? Uhhhh.... NO. This just in.... not all girls are sluts looking for some action. Some girls actually go to the store to shop (shocking, I know...). Today while walking into class, 2 guys were outside smoking about an inch from the door outside, right smack dab under the 'NO SMOKING AREA' sign (ugh another huge pet peeve of mine I'm sure I'll elaborate on in another post). One pig says to the other, referring to a girl in their class "Oh man, she's probably wearing a tight shirt again... I can't wait to go to class because dude, you should see all the guys in the class when she walks in... It's like... daaamn'. I was so disgusted, I could have puked. I realize men say worse things than this but just the way he said it, it was just ick.
I may be picky about men but there is someone out there for me that is just as picky about women and we'll find each other one day... the day a man says to me 'I'd like to take you to dinner', I swear I'm going to call up 2 people immediately and squeal. I guess that's become my 'sign'. It sounds simple but it's not anymore... respect is gone and truly, that's all I'm looking for. I am not someone's property. I live here for God and no one else. I have no idea what He has in store for me but I trust Him. So yes, I am 22 years old and yes, I am single. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm ok with being picky because I DESERVE to be picky. I refuse to settle for 'just anyone' because I am not 'just anyone'. I'm someone who loves hard, cares so much it hurts and would give anything to anyone if I could. Sure, sometimes I get frustrated and wonder why that someone hasn't shown up yet but I put it back into perspective or I get a little peeved when someone asks 'So, you get a man yet?' (@@ Do people really hear themselves when they speak?). It's all a part of God's plan.... the 'I'd like to take you to dinner' plan and that's alright with me. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment