Lately there have been so many people I've known that have been affected by breast cancer... some have been so very blessed to have caught it before it caused a systemic issue while others have not been so lucky. It seems the closer we get to a cure, the more people find out terrible news. Last year I wanted to walk in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. This year I'm really motivated to do the Avon Walk. It's 39 miles; 26.2 the first day and 13.1 the next. I would love to get a group together and have an awesome experience together walking for a wonderful cause. I think just the atmosphere itself will be wonderful... in fact, just reading the information on the website gave me chills. I have about 4 months to train as the walk is in June. The kicker is $1800 must be raised by each member of your team and that's difficult, especially in these times. But hopefully it will be done. I am pumped. :)
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment