Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last Clinical, last day of school and a wonderfully fun night.

Well... where do I start? Where did I leave off?

I had my last clinical last Thursday where I did my remediation from skills test. Apparently I touched the side of the ABD package after putting my sterile gloves on (which makes no sense to me because the instructor complimented me on how conscientious I was of my sterile field.... so then how do you mark me off but compliment me? Why say anything at all?) and forgot to use an alcohol wipe to clean off the top of the JP before putting the top back on. That I completely forgot so I'll give them that. I did not have to retest... my clinical instructor just had me empty a JP in clinical, which I did fine with, and open a pair of sterile gloves (for pete's sake). I did fine and it supposedly did not affect my grade. I had my final clinical eval conference with my clinical instructor on Monday and she had very nice things to say. I got a C in clinical, which for first semester is great. It's weird to think of a C as great... still. 

I had my 2 finals Monday and Tuesday and we're still waiting for grades. It is killing me to wait like this. I am so nervous because I am so close in both classes. I need to do well and I studied by butt off. I just hope it was enough to move on to second semester. I can't even be excited yet about summer because I don't even know if I passed. It sucks! I did come home yesterday after my final and cleaned my room. I swear to God it was smothering me... It is spotless now (with the exception of a huge pile of nursing books against the wall) and I am almost caught up with laundry. I cannot even explain what a relief I felt after doing that.

Then we went out for drinks and appetizers last night with friends from nursing school to celebrate summer, even though we don't know if we all passed to semester 2. It was still an awesome time. <3

Now we wait for grades to be posted.... :-\

Florida is in 3 weeks and I am so excited!! I need a vacation so badly...

No comments: