Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cloud Nine

So the highlight of my week has definitely been the birth of my good friend's baby. You would have thought I had a baby I was and still am so excited for her. I know I work with babies all of the time but it's so different when it's someone you know. It worked out perfectly that she delivered an hour before I got to the hospital to work for the day... and then they usually keep the babies with mom for an hour so it was 3:20 by the time she was brought up to the nursery which was perfection! I got to bathe her which was awesome. She's been texting me ever since she's come home, about things. It kind of makes me feel good because it's a good feeling to know someone trusts you to ask all of these questions. 

She wanted to bathe the baby yesterday but was a little scared to do it so she asked if I'd come over and help... of course I was over the moon excited to do so. I went over for a few hours but since her boyfriend had to go into work, we decided to wait so that he could be there. So instead I just held her for a while and stared at her cute little face. There is something that emanates from babies that must make them so addictive because I want one. Right now! The fussiness is nothing to me because I usually deal with 10 babies crying at once. Having one baby to hold and care for yesterday seemed so strange! LOL I was on cloud 9. 

No comments: