I got an email today from my Patho Professor welcoming us to his class... um excuse me? I have 3 weeks still ( well, 2 until nursing officially starts but I just found out today that Patho doesn't begin until Jan. 25th!) Anyway, I looked at the Blackboard site to glance at the syllabus and what we're going to be doing. Can you say overwhelming? I've never seen so many diseases etc however I noticed a lot of familiar things that I learned in Micro so I am praying that helps me out. The immune system is a tricky tricky system. ;-) I'm a bit peeved at school for not returning my phone call from 2pm today... I need to meet with a nurse at the school's health facility to go over all of my health requirements before I turn in all of my nursing stuff... which is due on Friday!! They better call me in the morning because I want to get it in and be done!
I went to the gym today (like I said I would ;-) ) and it felt pretty good... except I wanted to hit the girl next to me on the treadmill. She was bookin' it at a 9.0 speed and finished over 3.1 miles in 20 minutes. UGH. Where I can't even flippin' run on the damn treadmill. It's like an impossibility to me and I cannot figure out why. I just want it to be 30* outside so I can put on my new compression tights under my workout pants and go. Why is this too much to ask? I thought we were going to have a mild winter?? What happened to that?! Global warming my butt!!
I did the elliptical and the treadmill and then did weights. My main goal, like stated in my previous post, is my arms. Maybe that'll be my focus until I can run outside again... except I am really scared I won't be as good running as I've been in the past because I haven't run much during the winter. :( I PRAY that doesn't happen... I worked way too hard for that to happen. I'm also scared of time management once nursing school begins... although the first half of the semester isn't going to be too bad I don't think. It's just two days a week and no clinical. It's after March that I'm worried about as it becomes 3 days a week with Tuesday being a full 8a-5p day. I just have to work around it because working out and being healthy is important to me and is a priority.
I watched The Bachelor tonight (and probably will Tivo it and watch it the rest of the season because their previews of the rest of the season of course hook line and sinkered me in) and it amazes me how women sell themselves to men. It really disappoints me and kind of discourages me in finding a guy that isn't all about the gaudy, plastic boobs hanging out from a woman's dress, acting like a valley girl and hair twirling all of the time etc. I am not that type of woman. This could be a great thing or I could be alone forever. Now, this isn't a 'woe is me' post. I have said before many times I actually like being single and think I've finally accepted that. I would rather be single and have my self respect than sell myself to a guy that only looks for the outer beauty rather than a balance of both inner and outer. However, it's not just men that dismiss average looking women right away... women do it to men as well and watching this stupid show after The Bachelor proved that... it was ridiculous. Men that are attractive and seem wholesome and nice are looked at as 'nerdy' and are dismissed and replaced by the 'rocker bad ass' guys that will get what they want by sleeping with you and the next morning they're gone and with another girl. I just don't understand it. But, watching all of these shows makes me want to re-join eHarmony again.. too bad it's waaaay to expensive. I hope they have their 3 months for $19.95 again soon because I kind of would like to toy with that again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment