Thursday, January 14, 2010

So warm yet so cold.

I was able to run/walk outside today as it was 30* but unfortunately only went 2.75 miles and only ran about a mile of that. I am really disappointed in myself. I thought that once I was able to run outside again, I'd take off like it was nothing in comparison to the dreaded treadmill. I almost think I might need to restart the program, which to me feels like such a failure. I worked so hard to get where I was and now to have to go back... it just doesn't make me feel good. Maybe it's because I don't really have a goal that I'm working towards. It was more to improve my time (which is a joke at this point) and perhaps begin training for a 10K. At this point, I need to get back to simply running a 5K again.

I got an email through my work account stating we're starting up again with merit raises. We'd been on a pay freeze for one year due to budget but will pick up where we left off.... but now we're all having another review in February. I am really hoping I get another 'exceeds expectation's' as that would qualify me for a 3.25% increase in pay. That would really be nice.

No comments: