Friday, January 1, 2010

Frigid.

Man ALIVE I am FREEZING. I believe the temp outside is 2* and, despite thermometers on bank signs saying otherwise, I highly doubt it went above 2* all day. It is awful... especially when you're down in the city and the wind makes your face feel like you just got Botox injections. With Tara being in town for a bit, I've been getting together with her and her roommates. It's been a blast and I think I've gone out more this past week than I've gone out in the past year. LOL

I wasn't going to go with them to the city today but this morning Tara kept texting me to go with them so I ran to the shower and got to the train station with 15 minutes to spare. Then we realized the trains were running on the Sunday schedule and that the 12:35pm train we were waiting for was actually coming at 1:25pm. Argh. So we sat around the station and talked.... got down to the city at about 2:30pm and met up with Danielle's cousin who lives in the city. We went to Italian Village for lunch, which was pretty much the only thing open in the entire city. It was a little eery to see everything closed. After lunch, which was basically dinner because we got out of there at 4:30pm, we headed to Millenium Park to ice skate... but it was just way too cold so we got some hot chocolate and went up to the take photos of the Bean then hailed a cab and went to the Sears Tower. I'm surprised they didn't know me by name since I was just there on Monday ;-) We left ST at about 7pm and caught an 8:30pm train home. I am exhausted. Tomorrow we're going to meet for lunch at a yummy Mexican restaurant before Danielle heads back to Florida. Then I'm off to work... if I'm not downstaffed.

I'm almost done with my 21 modules of testing for HealthStream. They're so annoying and take up so much time. I got my antibody tests back for Measels, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella and I'm all immune. Yay! :-) All of my blood work came back perfectly.. honestly, I dont know if there's anyone that can be healthier. All of my levels were either on the low side or smack dab in the middle of the normal value ranges. Crazy! I just have to gather everything up now so it can all be turned in by Thursday for nursing. Stressful!! I am seriously trying to hang on to my last few weeks before school starts. Savor. Each. Moment. :-P

No comments: