I save every card/letter etc that is given to me. Apparently I am an odd duck because someone at work had received a card recently, read it and then threw it out. I gasped and said "You don't save your cards?" and she said no. LOL Maybe that made me look strange but when people send something to me, it's important and special so I save it. There are many times that I'll sit and reread them.
Today I was trying to find a DVD and of course got sidetracked looking at the cards. It almost made me cry, realizing that a lot of the people that had sent me the cards (for whatever occasion), I am no longer friends with them. And it literally made my heart ache. I hate that things change. I really really hate change. And I know sometimes things change for a reason, and maybe for the better but it makes me miss what I had. I miss having that person that I can talk to for hours on the phone about absolutely nothing and everything at the same time in the middle of the night. But I guess everything happens for a reason, right? There's a reason why some people don't make it to your future and others do? Maybe I need to throw the cards away.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I save all my cards too. I always say I'm going to get rid of them, but whenever I sit down to go through them I end up reading them all over again all the while smiling, crying, lauging, at whatever the sentiment may be. Then I pack them back into their pretty little (ok big) box and tuck them away to deal with another day.
Post a Comment