Sunday, September 21, 2008

Teeny tiny vent.

Disclaimer: I'm in a bit of a down mood so I know I'll regret this next week. LOL

When I complain about the disrespect people have for our current President George W Bush, there's always someone that comes and says "But Amanda, that's the benefit of having free speech in this country". Yeah that's true. But it doesn't make it right to go on bashing someone who deserves respect regardless of what political party you put yourself in. To have a bumper sticker on your car that says "Sure, give Bush a third term: Prison".


Seriously? I swear, if I weren't so scared of confrontation, I'd pull up next to these idiots and have a word. Maybe I'm way off base and bias because I'm a republican and am probably the only person in this nation who hasn't said he's an idiot. But it's getting past the point of being even remotely funny. The same does go for people who call Obama many derogatory terms because of his race. I do not agree with Obama about many things but I refuse to stoop down to the level others do by thinking it's funny to criticize a president who, in my opinion, is doing his damnedest to help this country. Maybe I'm just a 'glass half full' type of person and maybe the government really is trying to kill us all. But until that happens, my mind is made up. And to all the people who call him names? You all must be perfect. A big eye roll to you.



No comments: