Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life unfair.

In the past few days, we have had 2 women lose their babies. Both at 37 weeks and both have no idea why. I keep thinking the more I experience this, the easier it'll be. I am wrong. I still sit there when I first find out the baby has died and tear up. I want nothing more than to hug that mother and cry with her. It is awful. It is even more awful when they are so far along. They have carried this loved baby for 37 weeks. They have had baby showers, names picked out, anticipations and dreams of what their new addition is going to look like. Whose nose it'll have, whose eyes and what color hair. And now, that dream is gone all in a matter of a few words. 'There is no heartbeat'. How does someone get through something like that? Everyone thinks after 12 weeks, you're free and clear. You can begin telling everyone because you're past that 'unsure' phase. Honestly, there are no words to describe how much of a miracle having a baby truly is. When you see so many things go wrong, it truly is amazing that anyone has a healthy baby these days. I am including these women in my prayers. Prayers of healing and prayers of hope. And even a prayer of thanks that they were able to feel that baby and "know" that baby for the 37 weeks they had together. :-( We do not realize how 'good' we have it until something like this happens. Be thankful.

No comments: