Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oprah

is really starting to get on my nerves. I never minded her much. I've been to her show once with some friends a few years ago and enjoyed myself. Oprah seemed like a decent enough person, didn't seem like the usual "prissy" type of celebrity, especially with the amount of money she has to her name.

However, when I get the chance to catch some of her shows lately, it seems she has taken on a rather unflattering approach to those she has on her show. Unless you are some high A list "important" celebrity that everybody loves, you get about 0.2 seconds of her time.

Example: Today she had Dr. Oz on. Love him! I think he is so smart and makes it easy to understand our bodies. They had a woman on via satellite phone thanking Dr. Oz for his book "You: On A Diet" and that it had helped her lose 50lbs. And she ran a 5K and got second place and she owes it all to Dr. Oz. When she first came on the show, she said "Hi Oprah! Hi Dr. Oz!" (you know, like normal people do in a polite conversation when you first meet someone) and Dr. Oz responded with a 'Hello' back. Oprah meanwhile said "Ok and what is it that you wanted to say to Dr. Oz?" -_- Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me you cannot take 2 seconds out of your precious airtime to say "Hi!" ?!??!?! Let me tell you something Oprah. You may be worth billions of dollars but you wouldnt be ANYWHERE without the fan base. Without the guests that appear on your show or the millions of people that try to get tickets every day, that wait on the phone lines for hours only to get a busy signal. I think it is awfully sad and quite frankly, ridiculous, that you seem like every time you have a "civilian" type guest and not Brad Pitt, you barely give them the time of day. Like you're timing your visit and the longer you sit on the couch with this "normal person", you may catch their "normal" germs. Give me a break! I think someone's let the money issue go to their head. I recommend you back down a bit and remember what really matters here.


No comments: