Yes, it has begun. I'm also signing up for a race near Halloween with Jane, the mother of the 4 kids I watched. She's said she's always wanted to run a 5K with me and I thought 'well, there's motivation, by signing up for a race'... plus she's like a friggen stick so I'm sure I'll look like an ogre next to her but whatever. I'm doing it, right?
Today's run was a doozy and all I can say is: Man, I am really out of shape! At first it wasn't a big deal at all and running for 60 seconds, then walking for 90 seemed too easy. 60 seconds of running actually seemed to fly by. Then it got to be about 15 minutes into it and I wanted to clutch my chest and begin some sort of dramatic scene from a soap opera by falling to the floor. I think my plan of just completely restarting the whole thing is a good idea, rather than starting in the middle. I just really really hope I can stick with it this time with the stress of school. That scares me a little bit. But, I did it and it's behind me today. I wish I could find my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I hated loooooved that DVD and really saw results (you know, NOW I see them now that I feel like snuffalufgus). I do have her 'trouble zones' DVD but... it's really hard! LOL The 30 Day Shred was hard but empowering and doable. Yes, you cry afterward and beg your legs to 'come back to the light' but it worked! Ugh.. I have to find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment