Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things I'm obsessed with....

1. House Hunters on HGTV. I don't really know why this show intrigues me so much but it does. They must be told to say ridiculous pros and cons while being shown a home to keep the show interesting because yesterday I saw one that the woman commented on the wallpaper in the bathroom 'Welllll, I don't like wallpaper....'. Hello? Have you ever heard of the wallpaper remover paste and a sponge? Yes, of course it's a pain in the butt but if I can do it, anyone can!














2. Etsy.com. I know, I know... this website has been around for awhile but I just never thought I'd have interest in it. Now I'm wanting to stock up on adorable children's things to stow away for when I have kids. You don't think that would be too creepy, do you? Hi, I'm Amanda... and this here plastic tub is full of my future children's clothing/bows/general cuteness that I could not simply pass up.' I may as well plan my future wedding as well and then buy a tux with a sign on it that says 'Just add man'. We all know I already stole borrowed (heh) my children's first hats from work (although the hats I see on etsy.com may be cuter so I may have to reevaluate when that times comes. I figure I should give myself SOMETHING to figure out when that times comes, since everything else will be already planned ;-) ). 












But included in this obsession, I must list my favorites... like these.Are you kidding me?! Or these? How FREAKEN adorable are those?!?!?! Honestly, my first baby better be a girl. LOL And seriously, there's too many dresses on there for me to even list here.



3. Reality shows. I used to care less about them... they kind of reminded me of The View; a bunch of rich women arguing with each other/talking over each other blah blah blah. But now I'm obsessed. My friend Jen got me hooked (and I do mean HOOKED) on The Real Housewives of NJ. So much that I wish one of the housewives was my IRL friend. LOL I did comment on her wall (because naturally we're friends on Facebook, duh) and she actually replied to me on her wall! It was a Tom Cruise Oprah 'jump on the couch' moment. Magical. No but seriously, it was pretty cool (and yes, it's really her). She just always has the best advice and doesn't get involved with all of the drama and crap her family is involved with. She's calm, cool and collected. I'm also obsessed with those kooky Kardashian's both their family show and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. It's like a car accident; you don't want to look but you cannot help it. Let's see, other ones include Jersylicious on E! (this one I'm most embarrassed about... seriously, it's a show about some hairdressers in Jersey, their long fake acrylic nails and how high they can tease their hair), Big Brother (of course... I wait every summer for this one) and my most favoritest, Bethenny Getting Married. I want to BE Bethenny. I loooove her humor. She cracks me the heck up every time I watch the show and I'm so sad the season is over. I think I love these shows because it's mindless and I don't have to think about a darn thing while watching them except who's fighting with whom. It's great! :-)

4. Cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes but prettiful, delicious, gourmet cupcakes. I've become entranced with Cupcake Wars on Food Network and am intrigued by a lavendar cupcake with honey buttercream frosting. My mom was sweet and bought 3 cupcakes from the store yesterday but they were nothing to write home about, that's for sure. Sweet gesture, not so good cupcakes. And suddenly I feel like I'm one of the judges on the show: Hmmm, the red velvet cake was good... a little dry but ok but the cream cheese frosting was waaaay too cream cheesy. The banana nut cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting topped with a banana chip was good but the cake was a bit dry and the white vanilla cupcake was good but the buttercream frosting, well, they may as well have called it butter frosting because that's what it tasted like with maybe a sprinkle of sugar. Overall, the banana nut with chocolate ganache frosting was the best... who do I give the ribbon to?' Pfft. I'm really anxious to go here because their cupcakes look adorable and are supposedly delicious. Two in one! One day I'm just going to make a trip out of it and head into the city. Did I mention I also want to quit school and become a cupcake maker? ;-)

5. Vera Bradley. Anyone that knows me at all knows I <3 VB. She's my homegirl and I love all most of her designs. Some of them are kind of old looking but she keeps coming out with adorable patterns and I cannot keep up! It doesn't help that the ones I want are expensive. I bought a planner yesterday from VB for school because I'm a complete dork and feel like if I have a pretty planner, my life will be complete I like to be fully organized before the craziness that is nursing school begins again. 

6. Blogs. Not my own because after reading other people's blogs, mine does not rate anywhere on the 1-10 scale, for sure. But I looove reading other peoples. I especially like to read review blogs. There are so many things out there we have no idea about like this adorable gown  to wear in the hospital. There's even a blanket to match.. hello, photo op! They have adorable gifts and other things that are much prettier than those gross hospital gowns.  Anyway, I love this review blog. It's so cute and she has a lot of cute things on there. I love seeing unusual things and she reviews a lot of them. 

7. Traveling. It's funny because just a few years ago, you couldn't pay me to go somewhere besides my home. Let's face it, everyone knows I'm a homebody. I like knowing where things are around me plus, who doesn't like to sleep in their own bed? But now, at the ripe old age of 23 and 3/4 (haha) I feel crunched for time on traveling. I want to go so many places before I settle down, get married and have kids (and don't get me wrong, none of that is on the horizon as of now so it's not like it's creeping up on me) but still. It's like if I don't travel within a certain amount of time, I get this itch. I sooo want to go back to Italy (especially after watching the Housewives of NJ travel there on their show last week), Vegas of course because I've never been, Seattle because it just looks so pretty, anywhere down South obviously, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and so forth. Yah, unrealistic, I know! But it's my dream. :-P 

8. The Shabby Apple. I never have to look for a dress anywhere else again... because this place has adorable dresses!! They have something for every body type and style and now I wish I had some place I needed a dress for and really, the prices aren't horrid either. Cuteness! Really, I'm obsessed with cute clothes and putting outfits together. I wish I was skinny so I could wear some of these adorable outfits that I see. Working on it!

9. Which brings me to my next obsession; work out clothing. I wish I could go out there and run in whatever. But I can't. Everything must match. I like looking at http://www.lucy.com/ because they have cute active clothing but it is a bit expensive (hence my keyword of 'looking'). :-) 

That's all for now. My obsessions change very often though so I'm sure I'll be adding some. :-)

3 comments:

Holly said...

I used to watch House Hunters all the time. Now it just depresses me because we can't afford one. *giggle*

Amanda said...

Um, at this point, I'm never moving out. LOL So don't feel too bad. ;-) I do enjoy watching them complain about things that are easily fixable... like a shower fixture. WTH? Like that's REALLY the deciding factor on the house? Pshhh.

MrsC said...

I also used to LOVE House Hunters. Alex and I have been virtual house hunting. We have it narrowed down to oh about 20 houses we would like to see. There were some that had to make the cut because of wall paper, seriously fug wall paper and lots of it. It's kind of a PITA to remove it. We decided that only one room must have wall paper in order to make the list. We are willing to remove it from one room, but not several. In fact, on house on our list has a fug-tastic bathroom. All of the plumbing fixtures are this rose color and it IS as hideous as it sounds. But a bathroom remodel could be fun.