Monday, September 14, 2009

Ahhhh.

That's a sigh of relief.... not of exhaustion... although I guess the latter could apply. I had my first test in Micro today, which is always stressful because you never know what to expect and how the test will be. I think it went fairly well, considering it is Microbiology. :-P I got together with one of the girls that sits at my lab table this past Saturday at Borders to study and I think it helped me. Honestly, I was not looking forward to it and hoped she would forget because I find I am more efficient when I'm by myself.... I tend to get distracted. Yeah.. that's hard to believe ;-) But she did not forget and texted me but I am glad I went. Half of the time was spent studying and half (ok more than half) was just talking. It was a nice afternoon! We'll see how I did on the test probably next week. 
My dad will be on his way home shortly, from New York. They ended their 300 mile bike race today and will be home tomorrow morning. I am always so nervous when he rides in this race because it's so strenuous and it just worries me with heart attacks and such. I just pray now they arrive home safely. It does make me feel 100% better that he is with his brother and good friend and another officer from the PPD. I am proud of him that he did it again this year. 
This weekend is the Rotary's Oktoberfest in our downtown area. One of the members called and asked if our entire family would please be at the fest on Friday night because my dad is going to be honored as 'King of Oktoberfest'.But because I will be in Omaha, I'm going to make a cardboard cutout of myself so I can be there not only in spirit but "physically". *giggle* We'll see how it goes... I say I'm going to do all of this stuff but I leave Thursday morning and I still have a class on Wednesday morning, packing, blah blah blah. 
I was going to avoid posting about running since it's on my shit list. I am on Corey's schedule since we'll be running together this weekend and it's an easier schedule to follow but I am really beginning to loathe running. I was having so much fun with it too and am disappointed. I talked to a friend who runs a lot and asked for her advice... she said to try running without being "tied down" to running for a specific time and walking a specific time. Do the 5 minute warm up and then run to landmarks... if you get to the land mark and you're still feeling like you have more energy, run to another landmark... if you get to the landmark and feel exhausted, walk to a landmark then begin running again. I'm going to try that tonight and see if it helps... plus I'll get to listen to my music as opposed to Mr. I Don't Think I Know How To Count's podcast. I swear he makes you run for 10 minutes and walk for 10 seconds. I have to postpone running today though until it gets cooler out... just sitting here inside, I feel like I'm sweating. It is 88 degrees out there... what is the deal?! It's September. I am sick of summer. I want cooler weather.


No comments: