Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hooray to me.

So I'm thinking, after being back on intervals today, that running one length amount of time is better for me. (I can't believe I'm saying that). Don't get me wrong, I do love walking but if my goal is running, I feel that if I stop running and walk for a long amount of time (well, I don't know if you'd consider 3 minutes a long amount of time lol), I get messed up in my routine. The last 5 minutes today were a killer and I don't know why. I'm hoping it was because of my new theory. ;-) I also ran a busier route today. I've always been so self conscious about running because things tend to fly around that aren't tethered down on my body. ;-) At this point, I am going to say screw it. I am working on my body and while it may not be perfect or thin by any means, I am working on it. So it's ok if people want to drive past me while I run and raise an eyebrow at my giggling fat. I am becoming really proud of myself even if I do run slow. I am six weeks into running! Something I never thought I'd be able to do. It is a wonderful feeling. 3 more weeks to go of the program and then more focus on my pace. Some of the girls at work want to do a Chocolate 5k in Chicago November 1st. I think that would be so much fun but after looking at the information, you have to have 35 people from your coorporation doing it. Um, we'd have 3. LOL But talking about 5k's made for some interesting conversation about sports bras! LOL I haven't had any pop for about 2 weeks. I am seeing how long I can go without drinking it. I do think I want to get some sparkling flavored water though because there are times I really want something fruity to drink or something with carbonation. Yesterday one of my co workers had a coke and omgosh I've been craving one for so long. I just took out my water and drank the whole thing. LOL But after I drank it, I didn't want the coke anymore. Yay! Little by little....

I got my flu shot yesterday and man it hurts! I had this ridiculous contraption on it courtesy of my kind co workers. I used one of those disposable ice packs, then taped it on my arm and then one of the nurses used a baby blanket to tie it even tighter on my arm. I got a few weird looks and one of the OB's asked what happened. I felt a little silly when I said 'Eh just the flu shot'. *giggle* It made for a good laugh though!




No comments: