My 5k application, that is. I sent it in (finally) on Friday and almost had this small desire to run after the mailman and ask for my envelope back. LOL It's not so much that I'm doubting my ability to do this, it's just that it's so final once you send it in. I guess you could back out and just not show up but I did pay $15. :-P
I am not sure what I did when I ran yesterday but my left lower back radiating into my left leg is killing me. It's this dull pain that feels better if I move but only for a few short minutes and then it's back to dull pain. I am thinking it's my sciatic nerve but I've never had issues with it before. Go figure once I start running, I do! This is just another reason it's good to sit on the couch! :-P Hopefully that'll go away before Tuesday. I can't believe I'm 6 weeks into this!
This is a little off topic but one of the girls that I work with said to me yesterday that she's always going back and forth thinking 'why am I doing nursing school?' and I told her I think the same thing but wonder what else I'd do if it wasn't for nursing. She said she feels the same way and guesses she'll just be miserable and hate life, like all of the other nurses. I find that horrible. :-( I hope I'm not like that when I'm a nurse. I hope I remember that every single person I treat is just that; a person. It's hard to think like that when they're going through withdrawals from alcohol or drugs or they're lying there lifeless with a feeding tube or suction. I just have to remember this is what I want to do and I have come so far. I just don't want to become a miserable, hating life person. I come across way too many of those people and it's not fun to be around them.
No comments:
Post a Comment