Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm getting old.

I was in bed AND asleep last night by 10:30pm. I woke up for some reason in the middle of the night and happened to see the time... it was 1:15am. I cannot tell you the joy I half-awake experienced that I had 5 more hours to snuggle in my warm bed before I had to spend half my day at school. Best feeling!! Ironic that that's usually the time I go to sleep.

Something rubbed me the wrong way today because I have been in a foul mood. I know this isn't a surprise to a lot of people because I seem to carry that mood with me a lot lately. I am not sure what that's about. But anyway, today after my class, a lady in the class was talking to me and a friend about nursing school and how she has a 4.0 GPA and got a 97 on the NLN but still didn't get accepted. And that it's impossible to get into and what are we all going to do and once you're accepted, you still have to go through a series of 'tests' to stay in the program. STOP EFFING TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN PROGRAM. I am SO SICK of the program already and I haven't even been accepted. Seriously. Yes, it is difficult to get into and it sucks big time. Yes, I know people have no lives besides studying and reading while in nursing school. Please GO ON. Because that doesn't want to make me shove my head into a waffle iron.... UGH. And PSA: If you have a 4.0 GPA and got a 97 on the NLN and still weren't accepted into the program, there's another issue.

Then I get home from class and start chopping up my vegetables (and fruit because apparently avocados are fruits but whatever) to make Corey's quinoa salad. My favorite part of making this salad was when I almost cut my thumb off. It was swell... no pun intended. It wasn't as good as Corey's was but it was edible and I was so full at dinner, I literally had about 5 bites and couldn't eat anymore. Because I was busy making the salad for dinner, I forgot to eat lunch and had half a grapefruit at 2pm before I scurried off to work.

Work was just a ball o' fun. My boss was in a pissy mood God only knows why. It's always such a fun time at work when she's mad at something. I was glad to see some of my co-workers again though. But someone brought pancet, which is so freaken delicious. WHY does Filipino food have to be so good? UGH.


Tomorrow (or I guess today since it's 12:30am) I run for 20 minutes. Straight. Did anyone else hear that loud obnoxious sigh? I need to remember to eat something before going.... and then eat something when I get home. Hopefully it won't take me an hour to eat the Greek Yogurt with Flax Seed in it like yesterday. I think I may have to break down and buy the probiotic stoneyfield farm brand and not the greek yogurt. I am trying so hard to like it. The other day, I was unloading my groceries from Whole Foods, and one of the greek yogurts fell out of the bag and we all know what happens next... it opens of course and splatters all over the floor. The dogs came to the rescue and slurped it all up... but there was this white film left on the floor. Is yogurt supposed to do that? LOL No, in all honesty, I am trying really hard. I'll try again tomorrow.... I am scared poopless about running. I am slightly curious how far I'll get though. I can't screw tomorrow up like I screwed Tuesday up LOL What a dork.



No comments: