Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm here!

I've made it to North Carolina in one piece (well minus my one-piece bathing suit that I ordered for this trip but did not come in time. UGH). My flights today were completely uneventful (hopefully the same will occur on the way home as well!) and I even landed about 20 min early here in Wilmington. Of course, being the Chick Fil A addict that I am, I wanted some for lunch so we made our way to the closest one... but stupid me forgot it's closed on Sunday's (Bless them). GAAAAH I was so disappointed. There's always tomorrow... and Tuesday... and Wednesday... and Thursday... etc. *giggle*

We got to the house and I unpacked. Then we all went to the beach, which was fun yet not fun all at the same time. We stayed there for a good 2 hours... I read my book and tried to soak up some Vit D and also get some color to my pale skin. We were going to go out, just the cousins, to dinner while my aunt and uncle, mom and dad stayed back to eat. But that didn't happen... of course after I had showered and gotten ready. We instead stayed in and made the biggest bowl of orzo pasta I have ever seen, Italian sausage sandwiches with peppers, scallops and a salad. It was good. :) Minus the scallops.. I don't eat those. ;-)

Tomorrow I think we're going to get the jet ski's out and play with those for a bit, which is always a blast. Unfortunately my one cousin will be leaving tomorrow afternoon and will not be back. :( She's going back to Raleigh as she has tennis practice. It stinks. Then the rest of my cousins and my aunt will leave Thursday, my sister leaves Friday and I leave late Saturday while my parents and brother will leave early Sat morning. I think I'll have to take a Beach Taxi to the airport... not too thrilled with that and kind of wishing I could switch my flight to Friday which I may look into. It's silly to sit here all day on Saturday when I could be home doing something. I feel like I have so much to do when I get back, it'd probably help a bit and I'd get a jump start on laundry! Oh well.

The weather here is hot but it was bearable today. I hope it continues to stay that way as the humidity is always awful and hot enough, even if it's 70*. We shall see! But for now, it is 12:30am (really 11:30pm my time) and I got up at 4:15am this morning to catch my 7:40am flight. I am pooped. Time for bed.

No comments: