Friday, August 28, 2009

Welcome back, class.

Oh what to say... it's been a crazy week trying to get back into the routine of everything that is my life. I know I'll probably die in January if I start nursing school because this'll be nothing compared to that. My Micro class is definitely more in depth than I thought it would be but we do have homework assignments, which is great and gives me a chance to collect more points rather than just depend on the tests and quizzes. I am a horrible test taker so those odds are normally not in my favor. I have lab twice a week, which is different than semesters in the past with only one lab a week... quite frankly, that was ENOUGH. Lab itself is the most complicated part of this class... we have to wear lab coats, goggles, clean our tables with cavicide every time before class, close toed shoes, hair up and sometimes wear masks. Good times playing around with bacteria. Bleh. We did do an experiment last Monday where we swabbed something in the environment and then something on our bodies to see what would grow... I swabbed the bottom of my purse and would you believe, nothing grew?? I was amazed! I also swabbed the tip of my finger and there were a few growths but nothing spectaclar. One of the girls swabbed under her wedding ring and oh my gosh, it was DISGUSTING. So... note to all you lucky girls who have wedding rings... clean 'em!

Running is going well... one week down, eight to go! Tomorrow starts week 2 day 1; 90 seconds of running, 120 minutes of walking.... we'll see how it goes!! I am still motivated and running in the rain yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought. I listen to my ipod with my armband and the music keeps me going. If I could dance on the sidewalk while running, without looking like a complete idiot, I probably would. LOL I printed the registration form for the race and will fill it out and send it in. I don't think it's set in yet... running a 5k. WHAT?! 3 miles is nothing when walking but running is a whole different story.


No comments: