Meanwhile, I am starting to plan for NC. I leave on Sunday at 7:40am. Good Lord, that is early. Who decided THAT?! ;-) I figure I should try to get to NC earlier on Sunday rather than later so I can have at least half a day. We've had such a mild summer (and I LOVE that) that my usual jeans and such have been totally fine to wear. So now I'm on the mad hunt to find some more summer-appropriate clothes since the humidity will be so awful. *BLEH* I need a hair cut desperately, the cost of any clothes/shoes I buy AND I just bought a new camera today *sigh*. I jinxed myself on that one. In June, I had started researching cameras to try and be smart about buying another one... of course sticking with Canon. At that point, nothing was really 'wrong' with my camera, per say, but the photos come out more grainy than usual. So I decided to wait for a bit... well now my camera will switch from the 'camera' mode to 'video' mode by itself. That makes for a problem when you try to take a photo of something and it starts recording a video. UGH. It's also 5 years old and that's ancient in the technology industry, no? So that should be here by Thursday thanks to 2 day shipping and $11.99 later. Ugh. But I want it for my trip. Hopefully my bathing suit will be here before I leave as well. That would be completely pointless for it to arrive the day after I leave. LOL I'd be returning that sucker. Hehe.
Ok so more of a serious note... why is it that I can try so hard to look nice and skinny people give it 5 minutes, a brush through their hair and they look ten times better than I do? Why is it so easy for them to look cute and I have to spend so much time trying on different outfits to see which one makes me look decent that day. This is obviously a complete pity post but what can I say, no one reads this anyway and it's my blog. :) I like to look at it as sitting in front of a mirror, talking to myself. LOL Anyway, it just irritates me. And then they have the nerve to complain that they look 'awful'. What the hell ever. Yes, I feel so incredibly bad for you that the smallest "fat roll" (which is really just skin on you and not fat) folds slightly when you sit down. Meanwhile, I have to suck it in like I'm taking the biggest deep breath EVER, just so my rolls don't overtake the table I'm sitting at. Please continue to complain about the fact that you just cannot ever find a size 2. My sympathy goes out to you. Meanwhile I am trying to white out the 1 in front of the 4 in my pants... if I can even find a size 14 anymore. You know, some stores only sell up to size 8. That's ok though... that usually brightens up my day even more and my self-esteem-o-meter maxes out like crazy. Like when you walk into one of those stores and you don't realize the sizes are 00 to 8 and the gay guy at the register looks at you like 'Oh girl please, Lane Bryant is down the way and I hear they're giving out coupons." Ugh. And cue 'walk of shame'.
Ok honestly? I understand even the skinniest of people have body issues. I may not be able to understand why because they have what every woman wants (whether women admit it or not). And it's really not fair of me to say it's ok for me to complain about my body and it's not ok for skinny people to. But have you ever heard of a skinny girl who would 'give just about anything' to be fat? Uh.. no. It's just frustrating when you try your damndest to look nice and then you get to wherever you're going and your skinny friend looks super cute in her outfit and there you are, trying to realign your Spanx under your pants in a discreet way and cursing your new 'full coverage' bra. Um, removes back fat? How? By squeezing the hell out of your back, causing all oxygen to your fat tissue to cease? THAT I believe.
That felt really good. No offense to the skinny women out there. I really just want to have what you have. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment