Or if someone adds you as a friend and then they do not talk to you at all... what the heck is the point of that? So basically you just wanted to see what I look like since you last saw me and have no real interest in catching up? Uh.. unfriend. I am not someone that needs 800 friends to fulfill my life. FB for me is a private thing and I do not need someone I do not know snooping all over my photos and wall posts....
SPEAKING of wall posts... I am SO appreciative of people who actually reply to your wall post on YOUR wall, rather than comment on your wall post. That is just extremely annoying and I said I'd never do it... now I am just being immature and doing it to those who do it to me. LOL I hate it! If I write you a note, are you going to turn over the card I sent you and rewrite your message on the back? Or are you going to send me a new card? It does not make sense to me. So if people reply to my wall comment on my wall, I will reply on their wall... if they reply to my comment on their wall, I will do the same. Some people probably don't care either way but I do. Sometimes I do not get the notifications that they replied and therefore I have no idea they've replied.
FB really gets me in a foul mood sometimes. Seriously, treat others the way you want to be treated... even on Facebook.
Now onto more serious matters... LOL I leave tomorrow. :( Boo and hooray. Boo because I do like it here... I like being on vacation, period. Not really having a care, going out to eat a lot, being with family you don't see often and so on. Hooray because I miss my doggies! It is so funny how similar having dogs is to having children (not that I know that yet) but what I would assume. Before I left, I thought 'I cannot WAIT to get a break from them, especially Mollie and her craziness'. But even later on Sunday after I arrived, I started really missing them :( Shelby threw up after my sister left for NC on Monday. I think she was scared and thought we left her. I can't wait to give her a hug! Poor baby. My sister's friend watched them for us and it was very nice of her to do so. I have asked my sister to ask her friend every day how they're doing. I think she got annoyed LOL
The trip in itself was pretty relaxing and fun. Monday my sister arrived and after picking her up from the airport, we went to The Oceanic for lunch... it's not the best food and it's pretty expensive but it's a 'must' every time we come here... kind of like tradition. Afterwards, my younger cousin Kim and my uncle Mike had to go back to Raleigh, NC (where they live) because Kim had made the tennis team and she had her first practice. It stunk because we rarely see her and she was only here for a day but we were glad she decided to go back because it's a priority. We went to Red Robin for dinner where they sang Happy Birthday to my dad and to my cousin Carly.
Tuesday we spent a lot of the day at the beach. I worked on my tan. LOL We made homemade pizzas for lunch and I of course had Chick Fil A... like every day.... seriously. I had to go to a different CFA today for breakfast because I was afraid they'd start to recognize me. I also got a Henna tattoo of butterflies flying up my foot. It's cute! It'll probably be gone soon though. My cousin's "friend" Mark came down and stayed with them for the rest of the time they were there. He's very nice and I alwats welcome a fellow Republican. :) I had gotten a cake for my dad for his bday at Harris Teeter (love that store!) and bought sparkler candles.. you know, the kind that never go out until you basically pour a bucket of water over them? ;-) We lit the candles outside on the back deck to try and surprise my dad but I'm pretty sure I walked through a spider web (AHHH), it was SO hot and humid even at 9pm at night and the candles, keep in mind, were sparklers so they sparks were going all over the place. It was a miracle I did not drop the cake, which was delicious by the way! Later on that night we played Apples to Apples and man was it HILARIOUS. We had such a blast and I haven't laughed that long in a while... laughing until you cry is the BEST. :)
Wednesday we got up early and went fishing on a boat. I caught 5 fish! Unreal. Me, fishing. LOL I had a lot of fun actually and am glad we did it. Afterwards, we went to Bluewater for lunch... another traditional restaurant we usually hit while here in WB. Not the best food but a local joint. My cousins and aunt were going to leave Wed to get back to Raleigh as my cousins all start school this coming week (2 in college) but decided to stay and leave early Thursday morning. It started to pour in the afternoon so we hung around inside and rested from our early morning fishing extravaganza. Since they all went to Motts to get fresh fish for dinner (and I don't eat fish), I went to Chick Fil A (giggle) and got my dinner. It was delish! Since it was their last night there, we stayed later and the cousins played Scattegories and Apples to Apples again. Good good times. We also too a lot of candid photos.
Thursday we again stayed in as it was raining all day. It sucked really. We did have a seagull hit one of the windows on the beach house and took him to an animal clinic. He went home with the vet to be observed and unfortunately had to be put to sleep because of his head injuries. :( It is so sad.. and I know, it's just a seagull but he was a cute lil' guy. RIP little man. After all of that excitement, we didn't do much else... we had some more homemade pizzas for dinner and tried to clean out some of the food in the fridge so we don't end up having to throw much away when we all leave.
Today was also a boring day because of the weather... but it was extremely sucky because we were supposed to go parasailing. Because it was storming, they called and canceled. I was disappointed but what can you do? Hopefully next time. I went and got CFA for breakfast and have been downing the sweet tea down here like it's going out of style. I luuuuurve sweet tea. YUM. I think it's wearing on me though as I am always tired... probably because of the crazy amount of sugar that is in it. We went to drop my sister off at the airport but because her plane was oversold, she volunteered to give up her seat in exchange for a $250 voucher and she will now leave at 7am tomorrow morning... not too shabby, especially since she would have gotten to Chicago close to midnight... what's a few more hours? We turned around and picked her up and then went to 'Sticky Fingers' for dinner. It was delicious.
Now here I am... I'll be all by myself soon... my family leaves bright and early around 4:30am tomorrow morning... they'll drop my sister off at ILM at around 5am and then leave from there to go home to Chicago. 16 hours straight through.. no thank you ma'am! Tomorrow I'll pack all of my stuff, shower and get to the airport myself... however I have a feeling I'll be back here tomorrow night because my plane is oversold as well and you bet your butt I'll be volunteering my seat for a voucher! I fly a lot and that would sooo come in handy! But I wish they could call you and ask you before you go through the trouble of getting to the airport, going through security etc. What a pain. We shall see. I kind of hope it doesn't happen because I do want to go home. I need that extra day (Sunday) to get laundry done. I'm almost thinking of doing it tomorrow but most of my stuff needs to hang dry and I won't put it in my suitcase wet (bleh!).
Whew, ok this post is long enough. I had a lot to say! Anywho, until next time! Bye NC! :( I'll miss you South! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment