Pretty uneventful day today... but still am so tired. I ran but only 2.3 miles in roughly 24 minutes. I guess that's not too bad considering I only need .7 more to be 3 miles and it can't possibly take me 20 more minutes to get another .7 miles. I applied heat to the side of my calf before my run to loosen it up and then ice right afterward. It helped a bit and then tonight it started acting up again. Ugh! What is its deal?!
I had dinner with an old friend I used to work with. I had a nice time. But you know, one thing I never understand... if you're going to pay for someone's dinner, make them feel ok with that and not uncomfortable. When the check came to the table, I went to get my wallet from my purse and my friend said to the waitress 'My card's here, you can take it'. I said 'No no! Let me get it!' and she said 'It's ok'. I said 'No, I can do it!' She said 'it's ok' so I just said 'Are you sure?' and she said 'It's ok'. I guess I'm different but I don't want people to feel uncomfortable if I pay for them... it's a good thing. I'd say 'Absolutely not! I've got this' or something of that nature. Not 'it's ok'. Odd. Anyway, we talked for almost 2 hours and it was nice to catch up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment