Monday, October 12, 2009

Noooooo

Tomorrow is a running day, which reminds me after I finish writing this, I need to ice my calf. It still hurts! It's W8D2 tomorrow. Let's all say a little prayer I get through it. I hope it isn't too chilly out or raining otherwise I'll have to figure something out.

I went to the Endocrinologist today. I had some blood tests done a few weeks ago, including my TSH and Vit D. Every time I go to this doctor, she is so sweet and walks into the room and says 'Why are you so pretty?' LOL My TSH was .50! Almost Hyperthyroid.... so she decreased taking the 75mcg of Synthroid to only twice a week and 50mcg the rest of the time, like usual. She also wants me to get Vit D supplements because while it was normal (it was 20 and the normal range is 20-100), it was on the lower end so I'll start taking that as well. Then the dreaded scale... WHY do we have to re-weigh me? I was JUST weighed in August (lol). I did lose 5 lbs since seeing her in August and she was so pleased with that. She asked if I was exercising and I told her that's the understatement of the month lol and that I was training for a 5k. So all in all, a good appt.

We got our tests back today in Micro and unfortunately did not do as well as the first test I took. :-( I knew I wouldn't because it was very difficult... but I missed a B by one point. ONE! GAAH! We do get to drop one test so hopefully I'll do well on all of the rest so I can drop this one. :-)

And finally, last but certainly not least, tonight my family volunteered to help blind veterans play Bingo. What an experience. It breaks my heart but at the same time, you become so proud that your fellow Americans gave themselves to defend our country. It is awful and disheartening but inspiring and heartwarming, all at the same time, especially to see them having so much fun. They were all so incredibly grateful... for playing Bingo. You just don't see that simplicity of gratefulness anymore. God Bless them and every single man and woman serving or that has served to protect our freedom. <3


No comments: