I sent my friend from work a message, congratulating her on finding out she's expecting her second baby. She sent me a message thanking me for the message and then congratulating me on my acceptance to nursing school and also encouragement for running. I then got another message from her and it said this:
Amanda...i never took the time to read your profile but I did just now...i can say it doesn't surprise me one bit to see that you are a christian...so happy to meet another believer. I could see it in your life! I love the quote you put down about God having the perfect man for you...He DOES!! I promise you of that! You're a beautiful woman and I know that God is just molding and shaping your prince and reveal him at the perfect time!
That brought me to tears. I guess it's because I sometimes don't think I act very Christian-like towards people and that I can be pretty judgmental when I wish I wasn't and when I know it's wrong. Her saying this doesn't excuse any of that, don't get me wrong. But to have someone say it is obvious in my life that I am a Christian, it brings a smile to my face. I love God and could not imagine my life without Him. I trust Him with the simplest things of my life to the most heavy and while sometimes things happen I cannot explain or don't quite understand, they happen with reason. I turn to Him for comfort and I just don't get how people who don't believe have that feeling of content or that everything will be ok. Of course that could be me judging again... I just wish more people would leave all of the semantics behind and look to what really matters in believe in Jesus. You don't have to be a crazy "bible belt" person to do so. Just accept Him and know Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment