So I wear this necklace that has a little clam-like figure on it and it says 'potential'. I bought it when I first started doing this running program because I do have the potential to do this and every time I thought of quitting, I remembered this necklace. Today just did not deem worthy of that thought. I did awful. I ran a mile and a half and then just quit. My excuse is my shin pain that I am having in my left leg and limping while running is just not fun but I am so disappointed in myself. I should have kept going.
Last night at work, one of the girl's sons passed his BAR exam for law school so she bought us all pizza for dinner. I was so good and had planned my dinner, made myself a delicious salad with avocado, apple slices, yogurt and some fresh ravioli and I ended up having pizza and saved the ravioli for tonight. BUT, I will say I am very proud of the fact that I only had 1 piece.. and this is goooood pizza. I had my salad first and then the pizza... then later I was hungry so I ate my yogurt. I think part of today's problem was I didn't have anything to eat before I ran. I got up too late, took my Synthroid (and I can't eat for at least a half an hour after taking it) and then went. I don't think I'm eating enough things during the day either but I don't want to ruin what I'm doing. I'm actually starting to see some progress.
Meanwhile, I feel a bit overwhelmed with stuff this week. I have church tomorrow then work. Monday I have to have my study guide done so I can study with the two girls from my Micro class for our test we have Wednesday... that will be next to impossible with bacterial DNA crap and bacterial metabolism. I don't even understand MY DNA, let alone bacteria's DNA. Tuesday I work (but will hopefully be downstaffed so I can study some more), Wednesday and Thursday I work and somewhere in there I'm going on a tour of our new unit in the new building of the hospital!!! I am SO PSYCHED about that! My family wants to go and visit my grandparents in Northern Wisconsin that next weekend so maybe I'll tag along... or maybe I'll enjoy the quiet at home. I also have a presentation due on TB in November (right after Thanksgiving weekend) that I'd like to start on. It must be done by Thanksgiving week because I won't be able to work on it Thanksgiving weekend as that's the 5k. I just feel like I have a lot on my mind. It was evident yesterday because my blood pressure was higher than normal when they took it at work. Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment