I am officially a C25K graduate. :-) Despite my disappointments in myself throughout this program, there were a lot of accomplishments as well that I am really very proud of. 10 weeks ago I could not run to save my life... sure there were times I attempted to during my walks but then stopped about 15 seconds later and searched for an oxygen mask. There are definitely times I feel I still need an oxygen mask, don't get me wrong, but it's usually after I've run at least 2 miles. TWO MILES! Not to mention three... but I do it. I try to talk myself into keeping on going. Nonetheless, I did a program to better myself and lost 15 lbs while doing it. I am also grateful to have a supportive partner in this 'adventure'. I have many many support people and I am very lucky to have their motivated words to keep me going but when you have someone doing the program right alongside you, it's different. They know what you're going through... they experience some of the same pains and struggles; whether it's physical or mental. There is nothing more comforting than finding someone who feels the same thing you do so you know you're not alone. I am so thankful for every single person that has told me I can do this, wished me luck or encouraged me in any way and most of all, I am so glad Corey decided to do this with me. :-) And more than anything, it's just more fun to do it with someone. So congrats to both of us, for making it this far. It is a great accomplishment. Cheers! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment