Happy Birthday to me :) I love my birthday. My love language is words of affirmation so people just simply thinking about me, wishing me a happy birthday, means so much to me. <3 My day started out kind of blah. I had to be at school by 8am so I was up by 6:15am. I went and studied, went to lecture and took my test. I had to stay on campus until 1pm to get my TB test read and then went to the police dept on campus to get a background test done. They took they're sweet ass time in the health services and I sat there for half an hour for them to call me back for literally 1 minute while they looked at my non-existent TB injection site. Oh... negative you say? Well NO KIDDING. It was negative in August too when I had it done. Ugh. I was so super irritated that I had spend my birthday at school all day and then even more irritated that I had maybe 15 minutes to go home before I had to go to work. I came home to an edible arrangement and a big ol' bday balloon, but no card, that simply made my day. It was the first 'real' smile I smiled all day. I should have known that it came from Jen. <3 In it contained chocolate covered apples and strawberries that are so delicious. I had one of each and then put a note on the box saying 'PAWS OFF' so no one would touch 'em. *giggle* At work, I was surrounded by friends who ordered a wonderful dinner for me and made sweet rice, rice pudding, cinnamon cake and a homemade red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I've come to realize how very lucky I am to have some of these women in my life. I know there are days I'm frustrated or maybe don't see the blessing clear that day but in the end, some friends are blessings you wonder how you ended up being so lucky and it was my friends that made my day so special this year. :)
Tomorrow I have to get my oil changed and my car checked. Then it's catch up day with laundry, cleaning, returns and finally homework. Friday I am super excited... I am meeting a friend for a drink before we see New Moon. I just feel like I need to go out, which is very unlike me... although drinking a random beer like my last entry is very unlike me. LOL Other than all that, not a very exciting weekend which I am A-OK with!
No comments:
Post a Comment