Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sugar coma.

Ok so today felt like more of my birthday than yesterday... lol

I got a few cards in the mail and they were so funny; one was a FRIENDS one that when you opened it played the FRIENDS theme song. I'm sorry, could there BE a more perfect card?? ;-) And then my friend Amy sent me a photo of her butt. HA! When they came to Chicago, she wore her Margarita Time underwear and of course we took a photo of her wearing it so it's only normal she send it to me on a card. It made me giggle. One of my best friends sent me a beautiful Vera Bradley purse with a card that meant the world to me. Seriously, if someone just wrote nice things about me, that'd be the perfect gift. LOL (As long as they were true of course ;-) ).

Tonight we went out to dinner and I got Photoshop and a new coat. I have a feeling Photoshop is going to be my project over Christmas break and hopefully I'll be able to understand it enough to work with it before school starts again. Otherwise it'll be on a 2 year hiatus. Then we had ice cream cake which is my absolute favorite... but it has to be from Dairy Queen with the fudge crunchies in the middle. Nothing beats that! Someone has GOT to take the sweets out of this house... a friend at work made me these peanut butter cup cookies and they're SO good.  I say this as I eat a chocolate covered strawberry from the edible arrangment. :-P

Here's some photos from tonight. Please excuse all of the mess...  my mom has crap all over the place from going through bills and organizing crap. It is driving me NUTS.


My brother's silly card saying his gift is a front row seat at his lacrosse game. LOL The boy has a sense of humor, I'll give him that.

















My delicious cake that we used a match for as a candle. LOL
































Lots of wishes this year.... ;-)


















Now for a little off topicness which is usually par for the course for me. I decided to cancel my December 3rd wisdom tooth extraction appt because I called the surgeon's office today and asked roughly how much it would cost to have this procedure and she replied "$550 per tooth (I have 3), $120 for xrays, $90 office visit, $500 for anesthesia" so that's close to $2500 which I have to pay upfront the day of surgery. Then I have to submit the claims to my insurance. I simply can't afford to fork over $2500+ and then fight insurance on what they need to pay. So I put out a plea on Facebook asking if anyone knew of an oral surgeon that did not require payment the day of surgery and my cousin came to the rescue, thank goodness. So I made my consult appt on Decmeber 8th which they'll take panoramic xrays of my mouth and then make the appt to have the wisdom teeth removed. They'll send preauthorization to the insurance companies and we'll go from there. The only problem I face now is finding a time to have them out after starting school. I am very worried about that and am kind of thinking maybe I should have left it be and figured out a way to pay upfront. I just think that is absolutely insane though.What the heck is the point of having insurance if you have to pay upfront anyway? When I canceled the appt with the original people, I was hoping they'd ask why but of course they didn't. I wanted to tell them how ridiculous their policy is. Darn! :-P

Pet peeve #76123: Why is it when you look in the mirror, you think you look ok but then you look at photos of you in the same outfit and you want to cringe and say 'WTH' to yourself for wearing the outfit in the photo? Or say 'What happened to my face?". Kind of how I feel lately and I can't put my finger on what it is... it's super annoying though.

No comments: