But I swear I'll die trying. You'd think after time and time again of failure to please people, I'd give up. My friend from work who helped me collect money for our Christmas party called me late last week and asked if I had been to work since the party. I had but nothing had been said regarding the party and I was too busy to ask. She told me she had asked a few people and wouldn't you know a chronic complainer complained about it... she was being "straightforward" and thought there wasn't enough food and that people who came late were sharing what was left of the appetizers. Excuse me but the party started at 11:30am. It's not my fault if people come late. They knew darn well when the party was, I'm not going to wait for every single person to show up and then start serving the food. I was so proud of my friend for sticking up for the whole party itself because normally she is like me in that we sit there and take it and not say a word. The 'complainer' said next year maybe we should do it at Olive Garden because the restaurant we had it at this year made so much money off of us. Hope, bless her, said 'You know what, there won't be one next year unless you people plan it. Did you ever think that Amanda maybe fronted more of the bill than anyone because of people who didn't end up paying their share?' Of course they said 'you're missing the point' and Hope just moved on. You can't please this woman at all. You could host a party at The Four Seasons with a 10 course meal and make it free and she'd still find something to complain about. Because of this, I don't really take what she said to heart but it's the little things people are saying that are starting to be a bit much... someone tonight said 'I think they took advantage of you' which makes me feel 'Oh you're young, you may not be able to handle it as much as one of us "grown ups" could'. I know that's not what they're saying but it makes me feel like that, like I'm incapable of planning something. Ugh, whatever.
I am super jealous of my brother who is in North Carolina right now. They surprised him last night when my cousins left and he went with on their chartered jet. I stood there with my jaw to the floor I was so jealous. He went to a Carolina Hurricanes Hockey game tonight and probably sat in my uncle's sky box. My aunt went out and bought him new clothes (because he had only the clothes that he packed for this past weekend in Chicago) and will probably end up flying back on their chartered jet Wednesday. He called me this morning to let me know he was eating Chick Fil A... the little shit. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment