Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Plethora.

Lots of craziness going on here in the next week or so but it's fun stuff and I am so looking forward to it. I cannot believe it's almost Christmas, that floors me. How is it that we only have roughly one more full week after this one, left to do Christmas shopping/enjoy the decorations and Christmas music. I love this time of year. <3 I am excited for our family Christmas party on Saturday, then the Mother Baby Christmas party on Monday and Chicago that Friday with my cousins. That's like the highlight of my year. :-P I just can't believe it's time to do it again. 

My final for my class is one week from tomorrow and we have a test tomorrow in lab. One more for the road I guess... I'm secretly hoping it snows like crazy tonight and the campus is closed. It is going to be such a freaken mess in the morning if we get as much snow as anticipated (6-9 inches). So far we have about an inch on the ground from this morning. I feel like this is the calm before the storm....

I went to work out today on the treadmill and also did the elliptical. Didn't really pat much attention to the time, ran 2 miles and then 1 mile on the elliptical. I was looking at photos this morning from my extended hard drive that I no longer have on my computer and it's unreal the difference in my photos from a few years ago to now. I don't really see it much in my every day life because I see me every day lol but to look back, it's really such an accomplishment. I am nowhere near my final goal but it makes me hopeful. :)
The TVs were on in the gym and I was listening to my ipod... but one of the channels was turned to CNN's coverage of the 4 Washington Police officer's that were murdered. They all had children, a wife or a husband.... I started to tear up and wanted to yell 'WHY!' This is so unchristian-like of me but I hope that SOB that was finally gunned down is burning in hell, where he belongs as well as any other piece of crap that ever decides to do something like this ever. The families are in my thoughts. :-( I cannot imagine and hope I never experience it. 

Oh! I got a phone call from the nursing dept at my college today. It was a woman saying how glad she was that I was in the program, they're looking forward to working with me and that while it may be challenging, I'll learn a lot and offer much insight to the program. Then asked if I had any questions and informed me of the next orientation, sometime the second week of January, and told me to relax and enjoy the holidays. I thanked her for the phone call and told her it was very appreciate.... because it really was. I am aware they are probably calling every person accepted to the program but it was so nice to finally hear a positive thing about the program... not 'You'll have no life, it's so incredibly hard' etc. Her name was Barbara and I will be referring back to this to write a letter to the dept saying how much I appreciated this and that more people should  be more like Barb. :)



No comments: