I can't believe it's almost over! Yesterday we would normally celebrate Christmas with my cousins from Wisconsin but late on the 23rd, my aunt got a call that her dad had had a stroke and was pronounced brain dead. She drove the couple of hours to Northern Wisconsin to be with him and then called my grandma in the morning to let her know they wouldn't be coming. We ended up opening presents, having snacks and going to the candlelight service at church anyway. Church wasn't as good as it usually is but the point is to go and praise God... not judge the music. I just wish we would have sang more traditional Christmas carols. We opened presents and I got an adorable pair of pajamas... pink and brown! I got a few sweaters and a pair of black pants.
Christmas morning was early... my brother woke me up at 8am to open presents. We open stockings first so I got 3 packs of gum (woohoo!), gloves and a headband (to run), a lottery ticket (really thought this was going to be my year :( ) and a few other little things (OH! An itunes gift card!! I was THRILLED with that because I had run out of my other one). I got Sarah Palin's Autobiography 'Going Rogue' and am SO thrilled with it!
I got a few tops, some jewelry, a bluetooth for my blackberry, an adapter for my ipod to my car (yay! I can stop burning a bajillion CDs all of the time now), we got 'WiiSports Resort' for the Wii (which honestly scared the crap out of me when I played the 'Air Sports' one. You fly a plane around an island and I thought I had seen a submarine, basically threw the controller at my dad and ran up the stairs. My heart was pounding. So, in case you're keeping count.... Amanda's Irrational Phobias: Spiders, Wind Turbines, Large cruise ships, airplanes up close (ie: flying at me) and submarines (how are they not there and then all of a sudden they just appear? That's NOT right). I was downstaffed from work which is bittersweet... I was glad but also could have really used the time and a half... I will work on New Years Eve though so I guess I shouldn't worry too much. I have a feeling though I'll be searching for a good deal on a new laptop because this one is going to give me seizures... the screen jumps randomly and it drives.me.nuts. Speaking of which, tonight I will be backing up my photos because every time this happens, it seems to get worse and it's scaring me. I do not want to lose my photos... I'd die. My mom made Christmas dinner; standing pork roast with veggies (carrots, fennel and onions), peas, mashed potatoes, mandarin pineapple jello, crusty rolls, homemade applesause and sage stuffing. It was delicious but I think I just went up 2 sizes. I'm going to have to work out for a week straight.
I am blessed to be able to have a Christmas and I am thankful for the friends and the family I have. <3 I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or whatever Holiday it is that you celebrate and is special to you. Afterall, the meaning of a Holiday is the togetherness of family and friends, not the gifts or the food (ok, sometimes the food ;-) ). God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment