Saturday, December 5, 2009

Run baby run!

Yeah, it's definitely the Starbucks coffee that helped me on Thursday because I struggled a bit today. I did just eat an hour before running so that might have had an effect. Walked a bit more but not as much as usual... my time was sucky but I'm not too worried about time at this point. I ran about 3.7 miles and I must say I love running in the cold. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I wont have 60 mph worth of snow in my face. I did see cool things you can attach to your shoes that are kind of like cleats where they help your traction on ice. That's one thing that scares me. I did get a membership at the park district a few days ago good for 6 months so on really bad days, I'll head to the dreaded treadmill. I'm hoping that gets bearable. Bleh! My hips though are not happy and man am I sore.

You know, I am really proud of how far I've come in this running thing. I went back last night and read from the beginning of my C25K journey and what an amazing accomplishment... to go from never running at all to running 3-4 miles? And actually sticking with it? I think there's been one week out of the entire 14 weeks that I didn't run at least 3 times a week. This is huge for me, who usually thinks something is a good idea at first but then gets bored and moves on. :-P I enjoy running and hope I'll improve drastically in my distance. I'd like to be faster but that'll come with time. Right now, I'm focusing on A) not having my heart pound out of my chest and B) keeping an adequate amount of oxygen in my lungs. So it's a bit of a 'pat myself on the back' paragraph but you don't realize how far you've come until you've looked back. :-)


1 comment:

Moo G Clips said...

you're doing amazingly, amanda. you're an inspiration!