But I am at such a loss about what to do. I just checked my hours online and I have 29 out of 40.... I was downstaffed three times this pay period. I guess it could definitely be worse but I only worked 2 days in a 14 day period. The other hours are from a meeting and then my CPR renewal. Honestly, thank God I had to renew it (even though I was pissed as all get out that I had to) because that gave me 3 hours added to my pathetic, sad paycheck. Because of them closing permanently our smaller unit, that means I will pretty much always be downstaffed at least once or twice because I am scheduled as a secretary a lot... we only need one secretary now. They said they'd like to cross train us to Labor and Delivery but I'm sure that won't start until after the new year, IF it happens at all. It's normally always 'talk'. As much as I am not a fan of most of those PM shift ladies over there, I need the money. I am at a loss because I can't find another job. The nursing program already discourages ONE job, two is out of the question. But I need my hours at work. :-( And if I were to get a seasonal job, it's already too late... by the time I trained and learned everything, I'd have to quit. I am really looking forward to our new building opening.. I hope a TON of people come to it because I need to work.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment